Loyola High School was founded in 1865 and became a Jesuit institution in 1911. A student body of twelve hundred young men represents an unusually strong diversity in ethnicity, socioeconomic background, and geography. Ninety-nine percent of its graduates go on to college or university.
MLA worked with Killefer Flammang Architects to develop the William H. Hannon Science Hall and Ardolf Academic Center. We designed audio visual systems for the lecture hall, science laboratories, and classrooms. Fume hoods for the laboratories mandated rooftop and other HVAC equipment that required extensive noise control features.
We installed permanent AV systems in the laboratories and designed a portable cart-based system for the classrooms that used a wall panel to control a permanently installed projector and screen. This provided both the convenience of a fixed installation with the flexibility and thrift of a movable system.